|This article is a stub. You can help God of War Wiki by .|
History[edit | edit source]
Atreus was born to the Greek god Kratos and the giantess Laufey (although Kratos knew her only as "Faye", and believed her to be mortal). Faye wished to name the boy "Loki", but agreed to name the boy Atreus in honor of a soldier whom Kratos fought alongside and respected.
Both parents kept their true nature hidden from their son, and Atreus grew up believing himself mortal as a result.
Beginning the Journey[edit | edit source]
Faye eventually died of an unknown cause, with her final wish to have her ashes scattered from the highest peak in the Nine Realms.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Atreus is a curious and intelligent boy, displaying courage and resilience if not the best instincts.
Due to his age, Atreus often lacks control of his emotions, and his demeanor shifts several times along the journey as a result.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Due to Atreus's youth, his divine powers are still emerging
- Archer: Atreus is proficient in archery, having been taught by his mother.
- Limited Telepathy: Atreus is capable of sensing the thoughts of animals, such as trolls or Brok's beast.
- Polylingualism: Atreus has an unrivaled capacity for languages. He is capable of reading and speaking numerous tongues, and has the capacity to learn languages at an astonishing rate: he learned how to speak the World Serpent's language simply from listening to a few conversations between the Serpent and Mimir.
Origins in Norse Mythology[edit | edit source]
In Norse mythology, Loki is the god of mischief, often portrayed as both an enemy and ally to the Aesir. He is the father of Jörmungandr and Hel.
The name "Atreus" refers to a king in Greek mythology of the same name.
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- Atreus is performed by Sunny Suljic.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The words that Atreus shoots while firing arrows are connected Norse words.